Norwegians strong in today’s sprint
Norwegians Maiken Caspersen Falla and Johannes Hoesflot Klaebo were the strongest today in free technique sprint.
- I’m very happy and satisfied with the result. I felt strong today. It is always nice to race against the world’s best skiers and get a little self confidence. This will also be my last race before the world championships, Falla told the press.
Sophie Caldwell from the USA was second today. She told the press that she likes the course in Lahti.
- The snow was really wet but really clean, so I think we haven’t skied like that in a long time.
Swedish Maja Dahlqvist finished third
- It was a really good day for me. I felt really strong.
Klaebo, who is leading the world cup, told the press that the race was really tough.
- I think the track is quite difficult because there is a long downhill before the finish line. I’m really satisfied with crossing the finish line first.
Italian Federico Pellegrino came in second in today’s race.
- The race was tough. I trained too much past two weeks and my legs have felt really heavy.
Norwegian Finn Haagen Krogh took a third place.
- I felt good today. I am satisfied with the final, even though I didn’t get the best start.
Photo: Anastasia Sorokina