Sustainable Ski Games
Sustainability and responsibility are key operating principles in the Lahti Ski Games strategy. The sustainability program is comprised of four areas: social, cultural, economic and environmental sustainability.
Lahti Ski Games 2020 has been granted the Eco Compass environmental certificate.
Our goal is to minimize the negative environmental impact of the event and enhanced positive ecological, cultural and social effects.
- In Lahti Ski Games we try to make as little waste as possible. Please remember to sort your waste properly.
- Lahti Ski Games uses the EcoCompass environmental management system and 75% of the waste will be recycled and used again as a material and energy.
- There will be a waste sorting guide in the venue.
- Energy savings through investments into energy efficiency and through own action. Energy used at the event was 100% renewable, including Solar panels on the roof of the stadium.
- We encourage our visitors to use public transportation or carpooling if possible.
- There is a free bicycle parking area near the venue
- Lahti Aluetaksi provides taxi services from Lahti Travel Centre to the venue.
- Lahti Ski Games is held in Lahti Sports Centre close to the city centre. Lahti is a walkable city!
- Tap water is completely safe to drink in Finland.
- For sustainable development we try to make as less paper waste as well so all the information will be found from the Lahti Ski Games social media channels and the website.
Connect and follow us on social media – @lahtiskigames and #lahtiskigames, #salpausselänkisat